Overthinking is an early killer so here are 20 quotes and sayings to remember that may help you combat it:
1. There is nothing in this world that can trouble you as much as your thoughts.
2. Overthinking; the art of creating problems that weren’t even there.
3. I think and think and think, I’ve thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it. – Jonathan Safran Foer.
4. You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your false thoughts. – Philip Arnold.
5. Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere.
6. Dear mind, please stop thinking so much at night. I need to sleep.
7. Stop worrying about what can go wrong, and get excited about what can go right.
8. Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in. – Napoleon Bonaparte
9. Stop overthinking. You can’t control everything, just let it be.
10. Before you talk, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try!
11. Don’t get too deep. It leads to overthinking and overthinking leads to problems that doesn’t even exist in the first place. – Jayson Engay
12. You don’t have to see the whole staircase; just take the first step. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
13.” Spend eighty percent of your time focusing on tomorrow’s opportunities rather than the problems of yesterday.” – Brian Tracy
14. My mother said the cure for overthinking about yourself was helping somebody who was worse off than you. – Sylvia Plath
15. Overthinking just brings it back to me, me, me—but thanking takes my eyes off myself and my mistakes and puts them on others, on things bigger than myself. I can’t stand here very long without being humbled at how small I am and amazed at how big and beautiful our world is. – Elizabeth Musser
16. Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff. – Robert Eliot
17. We can easily manage if we will only take each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday’s burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it. – John Newton
18. To think too much is a disease. – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
19. Overthinking, also, best known for creating problems that are never there – David Shoshanna
20. Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever. – Leo Buscaglia
21. Overthinking is the most significant cause of unhappiness.
Seven ways that can help you to stop overthinking everything
Some advice on how to stop overthinking so much
1. Physical exercise
Everyone knows that exercise is a good thing for both physical and mental health. Yoga, running, or walking for just 15 minutes can help clear your mind of all thoughts so you can focus and benefit your body’s proper functioning.
If you feel like you can’t stop thinking, you have to let go of your thoughts deliberately. Meditating will help you let go of your worries. Taking 20 or 30 minutes in the morning to meditate and let go of all obsessive thoughts. You can additionally meditate at night to have a peaceful sleep.
3. Write your thoughts on a paper or journal
Make a list of things that worry you and write what choices you have, and finally list the pros and cons of each possibility. This will help you take control of your thoughts.
4. Live in the moment
Don’t dive into your past, especially if it’s a negative past. Surrounding yourself with the right people you love that makes you laugh more, think less, relax, and have fun.
5. Explore nature
Instead of thinking, thinking, and thinking, go out and connects with nature. This will immediately stop your overthinking. Look at the trees, breathe in the fresh, get a little sunshine that will make you feel happier, healthier, or travel on vacation to the beach.
6. Listen to music
Listening to your favorite music that gives you joy and happiness closes your eyes, immerse yourself in harmony and live the now.
7. Learn a new hobby
If your problem is that you overthink anything, worry for no reason about things that you cannot control, instead of thinking without doing anything. Practice a new hobby, learn new skills. Here are some fun and peaceful hobbies to choose from.