Diet appears to be important in treating many diseases. Following good nutrition and consuming lots of healthy food might prevent and fight Alzheimer’s disease.
Alzheimer’s disease is a complicated disease that needs proper medication and treatment. Still, patients are advised to incorporate all kinds of brain-boosting food and specific nutrients that might help delay this disease and keep their brains healthy.
Here is a list of effective “brain-healthy foods” that a person should eat to prevent and fight Alzheimer’s disease:
1. Fatty fish and other omega-3 foods
Olive oil and fatty fish like tuna, salmon, trout, and sardines are some food items that are high in omega-3 fatty acids and have different health benefits such as:
- It helps achieve good brain health
- Increased blood flow in specific areas of the brain.
- Protect brain function
- Fatty cells boost memory power
On the other hand, according to Alzheimer’s Society, consuming fish that contains omega-3 reduces the risk of developing dementia by improving your heart and brain health.
Tip: 200mg daily intake of fatty acids with DHA effectively prevent and fight Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Nuts and seeds
Nuts and seeds like walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds make a good brain health snack. Eating a handful of them at least five times a week can prevent and fight Alzheimer’s disease in many ways:
- All contain antioxidants, healthy fats, and minerals
- Enriched with nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, Vitamin E, zinc, and choline
- Effectively reduced cholesterol & Alzheimer’s risk
- Boost and improve memory power
Tip: One can easily snack on these seeds or sprinkle them on a salad or desserts like pudding and muffin.
3. Avocados, beans, and other vegetables
A mindful and brain-healthy diet emphasizes the importance of eating a regular serving of vegetables like beans, broccoli & avocados for the following reasons:
- Keeps mind & memory sharp
- Improves cognitive functioning of the brain
- The powerhouses of healthy monosaturated fatty acids
- High in fiber, protein, and vitamin K, B & C
- Low in calories and fat
- Boost concentration power
Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and cherries some potent foods to protect the brain. Eating a handful of berries can have positive effects, including:
- All berries are power-packed with flavonoid (anthocyanins)
- Ultimate source of antioxidants
- Contains a wealth of vitamins like K and C
- Obviate brain damage triggered by free radicals
- Prevent and reduce brain inflammation
- Promotes healthy brain
- Low in fat and high on nutrients
5. Dark chocolate
Yet another tasty source that has several health benefits to prevent and fight Alzheimer’s disease is dark chocolate.
- Rich in with cocoa flavanols knows for anti-inflammatory properties
- Moderate consumption is good for brain health
- It helps to combat free radicals in the blood
- Reduce the risk of blood pressure and heart attack
6. Turmeric and other spices
Variety of spices like turmeric, sage, cumin, and cinnamon adds not only great taste to every meal but also offer numerous benefits for brain health:
- Boost memory to prevent cognitive impairment
- Enriched with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- Prevent and fight Alzheimer’s disease and depression
- It helps to promote the growth of new brain cells
As has been noted
Healthy food means healthy you!
Simple diet tweaks and eating natural plant-based foods while limiting saturated fats and sweets help decline and improve cognitive functioning and memory.
Combining a nutritional diet “moderately well” can prevent and fight Alzheimer’s disease.